I started college again this week! I dropped out several years ago and never planned to go back. I'm smart but organized education, the system, grades, well, we just don't get along very well at all. It was a struggle all through high school and college was a total flop! My GPA was barely above academic probation and I was wasting so much time and moreso, money. But, that was then and I'm a new woman from who I was back then.
Shortly after my youngest child was born, my prayers of what the heck am I supposed to make of myself, above wife and mother, were finally starting to be answered. I am majoring in psychology and will add a minor of sociology to the list closer to my finishing up my major requirements. Right now, my long term goal is to go on to get my Masters in Counseling. I have a few other dreams that will tie into that but that's for another day. Today, I'm going back into time, cleaning up some of my mess ups from my last go at college, learning from my ancestors and taking every opportunity that I can to continue refining my photography skills.
I've thrown a temper tantrum or two, or three, or four, or....(ok....I don't always set a good example for my little ones LOL!!!!) about WHY WON'T MY BUSINESS GO ANYWHERE!!!!! But, as this week has gone by, I have surprised myself and my husband about how diligent I have been at not only staying on top of my reading and homework but that I'm ahead AND even better at keeping up with the house AND the little ones' homeschooling!!! I am really on a roll here! I am very excited and even, for once, proud of myself. I'm sitting back and resting in the fact that this business isn't for me but is for God (though, I still have to remind myself of that quite often when I see yet another photographer pop onto the scene and their business seeming to take off without a hitch) and He will supply all of my needs when it is the right time and that includes this part of my life. This came at a specific time possibly to help drive me to where I am today but if it were more than just random pics here and there, I might drown in having too much to keep up with. So, I thank Him for all I have today, continue to prepare for tomorrow to the best of my ability and try again to just trust that I WILL be who He has called me to be and in the season that He has set for me!
Here is the start of a new path in my life. But, I dare not start it without His lamp unto my feet and His light unto my path. While I'm studying history, His story is the greatest and needs to lead the way in all that I do.













No comments:
Post a Comment