"Keep me safe, O God, for in you I take refuge....You are my LORD; apart from you I have no good thing. I have set the LORD always before me. Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken. Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will rest secure because You will not abandon me to the grave, nor will You let your faithful one see decay." Psalm 16
A life lived fully is faith-filled through thanks-filled eyes fixed on Jesus. Find thanks in all things though? I struggle with this most of all in my life. How do I find thanks, this eucharisteo, cut bleeding sons, babes ripped from mother's womb drowned in buckets, Theocracies seeking world domination through Freedom's blood, our own leaders set to lift themselves on high by tearing our life-given blessing away and crushing us by the weight of communism? These things and more burden my heart and I don't know how to see Beauty, Jesus, in any of it. How do you find eucharisteo in evil??? The only comfort that I can find at this time is that at some point, Beauty will step in and save. The weak will be made strong. The innocent will be given justice. All pain will be healed and sadness wiped away. Satan and his black-hole evil will collapse under its own gravity of destruction and death and, once and for all, pain, despair, destruction and sin will be no more.
Just remembering to keep my focus on Jesus. Through Jesus, thanksgiving. Life filled with thanksgiving is a full life. Daily striving to live life fully!
No comments:
Post a Comment